Friday, January 26, 2007

Action Poet in Action at Proper Eats


We got to enjoy another scintillating recitation by the Action Poet last night at Proper Eats cafe. The house was well packed. Everyone enjoying their proper eats with a side of steamy poetry. The Action Poet was in top form, belting out some old favorites and some new tongue twisters. Well, they weren't really twisters but they were new. At least they were new to me. Or at least I've forgotten that I heard them before, so for all intents and purposes they were new. And I'm sure some in the audience haven't heard them before, so to them it was all new. And all good! Who doesn't love Naked Man? I do! Count me in. Love Naked Man. It gets better with every telling. I'm sure No Pants Lady is in the works.

The Action Poet was accompanied by a jazz ensemble. They were okay, just a little timid and generic sounding. I liked the band that accompanied The Action Poet the last time he performed at Proper Eats.

Paul was manning the video camera in the inky shadows. I didn't get a chance to wish him happy birthday again. He's forty (40) years old now. That's 4x10 or half of 80 or 2x20. In other words, he was ten years old when Star Wars first appeared on the silver screen. I, now, am the last of my kind.

No comments: